Sam Witteveen and I started the TensorFlow and Deep Learning Singapore group on MeetUp in February 2017, and the twenty-ninth MeetUp was hosted by Google Singapore, and was a theory-heavy recap of highlights from the NeurIPS conference held at the end of December.
My talk addressed several hot topics in current Deep Learning research :
- “Deep Learning” vs “Good Old-Fashioned AI” : as represented by “The Debate” between Gary Marcus and Yoshua Bengio
- Some major areas addressed in Yoshua Bengio’s Keynote presentation at the conference :
- Attention, Representations and Symbols
- Consciousness Prior and Losses
- A quick overview of “The Book of Why” by Judea Pearl, including the three stages of causal reasoning
The slides for my talk are here :
If there are any questions about the presentation please ask below, or contact me using the details given on the slides themselves.
blog comments powered by Disqus